Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chris, we have some accounting to do this weekend!

It is a long story. I didn't plan on doing this, but I met with my grad school advisor on Tuesday and in order to finish ASAP, I needed to get an accounting prereq out of the way before this fall. Classes at virtually every community college started on Monday, so I registered (luckily, under the wire - we are talking only getting in by a few hours), enrolled, and paid for my Accounting I course. I bought my books, got my horrid student ID and navigated my way around the large Johnson County Community College campus to my classroom with no problems.

Tonight was my first night of class, but I really missed the first class which was on Tuesday. I have a bunch of homework and a test next class time already, so I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I better get used to it, this is nothing compared to the course load I will have for the next 2 years (full time school + full time work = full time no fun). The really very good news is my projected class schedule has me done at the end of the Spring 2009 semester and in CO with Chris after that. So, it will be ALL worth it! :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

My baby's in college! Community college :) Community kollidge, gittin' sum nollidge. Let's wish Erica luck. I've been trying to call her all night so she must be out studying. Accounting, huh?!?! Guess we know who will be doing our taxes :) Love it! Love you, C

Anonymous said...

I took accounting - piece of cake, but it was a lot of homework, but I believe that now you can do all those balance sheets, etc in Excel. I had to do them all by hand. Even after taking all those accounting classes, I still don't do the taxes myself. Sure hope the book you had to buy isn't the one I already have here.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thats our girl, a real go getter. You will do just great. G&G E.