The little orange guys are Golden Nugget Squash. We had these for dinner this week. They had the consistency of sweet potatoes but were not as sweet.
The white squash is a Yugoslavian Finger Squash. You cook it with the skin on like a summer squash. I have read that they have the consistency of a potato with a hint of pumpkin flavor.
The big olive colored squash is a Hubbard Squash. Chris figures it is 5-8 pounds.
We got these in our CSA shares. I think Chris is getting vegetabled out. I did make beet biscuits this week that he really liked. I threw some roasted beets in the food processor and added them to Bisquick batter. They were really moist and a pretty red color.
We got these in our CSA shares. I think Chris is getting vegetabled out. I did make beet biscuits this week that he really liked. I threw some roasted beets in the food processor and added them to Bisquick batter. They were really moist and a pretty red color.
3 comments:
What kind of squash is the white one? I am making acorn squash right now yummy!
The white one looks like a squashed squash :-)
You are so creative, wish I still liked to cook, but I am over it
Kim
Post a Comment