Saturday, October 8, 2011

Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Bzzzzzz


Today we received Green Mountain Coffee K-Cup love in the mail courtesy of BzzAgent!!  We each had a cup immediately, as it is only 10:30am on a leisurely Saturday.  Chris enjoyed the Sumatran Reserve Fair Trade Extra Bold.  We like strong, dark coffees and this one fit the bill.  Not for the faint of heart.  Erica tried the Fair Trade Vermont Country Blend.  It was very smooth drinking, but still had nice flavor. More of an everyday coffee than the Sumatran.  We also received a box of Colombian Fair Trade Select that we have yet to try.

I had never even heard of Green Mountain Coffee until we bought our Keurig last month.  They offer the largest selection of Fair Trade Certified coffees in the U.S.  Fair Trade promotes farming communities with fair prices for coffee harvests, sustainable growing practices, and is environmentally friendly.  In order to become Fair Trade Certified, farmers must protect water resources and cannot use pesticides and certain chemicals.  

Green Mountain Coffee offers K-Cups as well as bag coffee.  We have $1 off coupons we would love to share.  The coupons are valid in grocery stores only.  Leave a comment and we will be sure you get a coupon!  Or stop by the casa for a cup sometime :)

I almost forgot, you can enter to win K-Cups for life.  Enter at www.PerfectKCup.com.  They are also giving away K-Cup packs daily as well as a Keurig Platinum brewer every month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got that same Keurig for the office last week. I like it, as long as you use one of the two smaller portion size settings so the coffee is nice and strong. I've been enjoying the Green Mountain Dark Noir Extra Bold.

-AGP

Chris said...

So far my favorite is Coffee People Black Tiger. I can make it at the largest size and it is very good. I have also liked the Tully's House Blend and French Roast both extra bold. In all honesty a lot of the Green Mountain varieties have been my least favorite. I can make the Tully's one size up from regular. My favorite Green Mountain, surprisingly, are the coconut and blue berry flavors, which I make at standard strength. I usually stick to the stronger stuff and leave the easier drinking stuff for Erica.