I [Chris] was waiting in line at the register at Kohl's this afternoon. I was there buying picture frames because they were 50% off, plus I was going to get an additional 15% off for using my Kohl's credit card. I was next. An old lady, who was clearly not playing with a full deck, walked up to the girl at the register and started rambling about canceling her Kohl's credit card and getting a new one because she had lost her wallet. The girl at the register finished with the people in front of me and I told her she could take care of the old lady before I checked out (I figured it wouldn't take long because I assumed there was nothing the girl at the register could do.) The girl at the register told the old lady to go to customer service. The old lady said she had already been to customer service. While the girl at the register was on the phone with the customer service desk the old lady proceeded to whip out her passport as proof of identification and announce that she knew her SSN. Turns out you can only cancel your card by calling the 1-800 number. The girl at the register sent the old lady back to the customer service desk to use their phone to call and cancel her card.
Moral of the story: Be nice. Wait an extra 2-3 minutes. Get an extra 10% discount. The girl at the register gave me 25% instead of the 15% that was advertised.
1 comment:
Chris, you are my kind of man.... Grams E.
Post a Comment