Saturday, June 13, 2015

BPPV

Apparently I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) .  It started Wednesday night and I have been dizzy, unbalanced, and sometimes nauseous ever since.

I worked from home on Thursday & Friday.  I was hoping it was just a bug that had me feeling "off" and it would pass after a couple days, but I woke up this morning feeling even worse.  I hate doctors and pills, but it was time to bite the bullet.  Plus, Chris had been worrying enough, poor guy.

I had a positive Dix-Hallpike test, was prescribed Dramamine, and am supposed to follow up with my PCP for "exercises" that help clear the particles out of my ear canals that are screwing everything up.  There are lots of videos online that show you how to do these maneuvers at home, so I am going to do them on my own.

Let's hope this is short lived.  I'm relieved I know what it is, and it isn't serious, but I'm also pretty pissed about the whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i KNOW ALL ABOUT VERTIGO, I HAD A ACUTE ATTACK SOME YRS BACK. NASTY. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. YES, DRAMAMINE IS WHAT THEY GAVE NE ALSO. GRAMS. GOOD LUCK, IT MAY NOT EVER COME BACK AGAIN, .....

CMS said...

Bummer, I've had quite a few patients that have had problems with that. For most of them it seems to go away thankfully, I guess the exercises really do help. Such a weird thing, hope its short lived also!!