I received the Salon Gel Polish Starter Kit by Sally Hansen for Christmas and it is great! I tried it out for the first time and got 8 days out of my polish. It would have lasted longer but:
1. You have to seal the free edge of your nail on each coat and I think a few of my nails were too short to do this, even though I tried.
2. I am really rough on my nails ex: I scraped one against the tile backsplash in the kitchen and that was the end of that - it was the first to chip.
I have had professional Gelish nails before and they have always been difficult to remove with long soaking times. These came off with 5-10 minutes of soaking, and the polish crinkled up and away from the nail so there is no scraping your nails to death.
I also found this website that instructs how to use regular nail polish between the base & top gel coats. The comments talk about using regular polish over the gel too.
This is Day 1, but it looked the same on day 7. Day 8 is when the chips showed up on almost every nail.
3 comments:
I would like to give that a try..Your mom does a great job with the gel nails too..Auntie K
I love my gelish. Easily two plus weeks before I have to redo my nails. Have fun with your system!
Mom
I use the gelish to tie me over between acrylic fills it helps tons on the checkbook.....
Deborah
Post a Comment