I have been looking for new pillow covers for a few months now. I couldn't find anything I liked for a reasonable price. Why are pillows so expensive?
Thanks to a nice leisurely trip to Target this past weekend, where I had time to really scout out the deals, we now have new pillows for cheap. What do you think?
First, start out with a pretty placemat that has a lined back. This one has lots of embroidery on it and was $4.49. I bought 2 of them.
I also bought 4 bright placemats on clearance for $1.96 each for out on the patio. Here you can see how I took apart the seam. I used my sewing scissors. I could have sworn I had a seam ripper, but I guess not.
I re-used the forms for the living room pillows, but used plastic shopping bags and shredder paper to stuff the patio pillows (don't worry, they won't be outside all of the time, but waterproofing spray is not a bad idea).
Finally I hand sewed them closed.
Cost Breakdown:
6 placemats - $16.00
Old pillow forms - $0
Plastic bags & Shredder Paper -$0
Sewing stuff - $0
Grand total for 6 pillows: $16.00
Not too shabby.


2 comments:
Very nice! Love the colors in the outdoor pillows and the indoor ones look expensive and go well with your couch.
Pam
Thank you, I am really happy how they turned out.
Post a Comment