Saturday, May 26, 2012

SOS - Powdery Mildew!!!


Powdery Mildew front and center at the base of those buds.  I hate it.  It has been pretty rainy the last couple weeks.  I wonder if that is part of the problem.  I have read to spray the roses with water, that the spores hate water.  I have also found a recipe for a home made antifungal.  

Anyone have any experience with powdery mildew?

- 1 Gallon Water
- 1 Tbl. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbl. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbl. Dishwashing Liquid

Mix and put in spray bottle.  Spray plants weekly on overcast days to prevent burning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled it and found various answers from "it can't be cured" to suggestions for mixing various potions to spray on the leaves and surrounding area after cutting off the obviously infected leaves. Good luck!
Pam

Chris and Erica said...

Thanks Pam! I have pretty much come to the same conclusions...