Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Whole Wheat

I found a blog called 100 days of Real Food.  A family of 4 has taken 100 day food challenges and do not eat processed foods that contain more than 5  ingredients.  I like the idea, but who has time for that?  Anyway, we took a small step by buying 100% whole wheat flour and busting out the bread machine.  I made our first loaf last night.  It tastes good, but it didn't get as big as I would of liked.  Whole wheat breads don't get as big as other types, but I was hoping it would be a little higher.  

Does anyone have a good bread machine recipe for a 1.5 pound loaf of whole wheat bread? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU WON'T GET A LIGHT OR HIGH LOAF OF WHOLE WHEAT. HERE IS ONE I USE.SUMMER WHEAT BREAD.1 AND 3/8 CUPS WATER,1 AND 1/2 TABLESPOONS VEG.OIL, 2 TABLESPOONS MOLASSES, 1 AND 1/2 TEASPOONS SALT, 2 CUPS BREAD FLOUR, 2 CUPS WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, 2 TEASPOON ACTIVE DRY YEAST. NEVER LET YEAST COME IN CONTACT WITH A LIQUID WHEN YOU ARE ADDING INGREDIENTS. This MAKES A NICE LOAF. GRAMS TRY AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK. BREAD FLOUR IS NOT WHITE FLOUR....

Chris and Erica said...

Thanks for the recipe grams!