We have been BUSY and are now feeling a little ragged.
It all started the week before Halloween. We had our first visitors coming to stay at the house and we needed to get the place in shape. It was a great weekend of friends and fun. We recapped the whole thing here.
Halloween came. I took our house guest, Will to the airport. Later that morning, Chris flew to Minden, NV for a 9 day business trip. I actually kind of talked him into it - this was the first vacation we went on together back in February, 2007 when Emily lived there. I planned on joining him for a get away over the coming weekend. So, Chris put his name in the hat.
I spent Halloween night at the house alone...with no candy, and a neighborhood full or trick or treaters!! I watched TV in the dark, and also made a phone call to mom to wish her a happy birthday. The door bell only rang once and I did not answer. We will have candy next year.
The next night (Nov 1) was our second snow of the season, just in time for my early Wednesday morning flight to Dallas for 2 days. I had to put on my snow boots and jacket to clean off the car (garage is not car ready yet) and then went back into the house to put on my pumps to get on the road!
Thursday, November 3 was Chris's birthday. I flew into Reno that night to meet him. I got in after 9pm and we had a late birthday dinner in Reno, complete with a pizookie before heading 30 minutes South to Minden.
We both worked on Friday and then headed to dinner with GE people who were in town for the same event. We stopped at a couple bars including JT Basque Bar where Erica stuck a dollar bill to the ceiling in customary fashion. We finished the night at Buckaroos. They had a live band and the lead singer had no front teeth. They were pretty good. We got home in the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday, November 5th. We wake up bright and early for breakfast at the hotel and a trip into Amador County wine country with 2 of Chris's work friends. Not feeling the greatest and trying to drink wine is not easy! We did recapture a picture that was taken on our first trip, here in the parking lot of one of our favorite wineries. We were in bed early this night.
We slept in on Sunday, had breakfast, and then drove to South Lake Tahoe for a little shopping and sight seeing. We picked up dinner at Trader Joes and ate in.
The morning of the 6th, Chris drove me to the airport and I returned to reality, for a couple days at least.
Wednesday night, the 9th, I flew to Kansas City for our good friend Christina's 40th birthday celebration. Chris flew home to Denver on Thursday morning and 4 hours later, also flew to Kansas City.
Friday 11/11/11 was Christina's 40th birthday party. The girls met up for mani-pedi's and mimosas. The boys joined us for lunch. We napped and got ready for the party. Close to 100 people were in attendance. The rest of the weekend was shenanigans with the KC gang.
We flew home Sunday night. We have a lot of laundry to do.
4 comments:
Wow, I'm exhausted just reading this.
Mom
That's exactly what I was thinking, Kelly!
Pam
Holy Cow, no wonder there were no updates of the blog, you are excused..Grams.
Wow I could blog about my time, but it would say work,wine couch, work, couch, wine, couch, work, wine, couch, you get the idea!!!!
Kim
Post a Comment