
Erica's foot would not support any weight and she was in a great deal of pain. Things didn't look right when she moved it, so we decided the best thing we could do was go to the ER and get it checked out. Of course, Erica had to drive herself because I had had a few too many beers while spectating (a rugby tradition). We went to the ER at KUMed, hoping maybe we could get some "special treatment" because Erica worked there. They were all out of "special treatment" that day. After almost two hours of sitting around we finally got Erica's foot x-rayed and found out the good news that there were no broken bones. That didn't ease Erica's pain, nor did the fashionable boot that we left with:

We are strictly adhering to the prescription of foot elevation and massive quantities of Ibuprofen. If things are not improving after a week then further action may be required. I need to go pick up a hacksaw just in case :) I have changed my flight schedule and I will be staying in KC until Wednesday morning. This way I can make sure that Erica gets to work and school OK. I need to get her a bell so she can ring it whenever she needs anything.
Hopefully Erica's foot improves rapidly so she can play in next weekends game in Colorado. I know everyone in Colorado wants to go see her make girls cry.
8 comments:
ALL THAT PAIN AND PLAY AGAIN THAT SOON? DA
You should start doing du/triathlons like me! Yeah, start training and we'll do one together!
ERP
Oh the adventures we have! Last night was pretty rough, but today it feels much better. I still can't put full weight on it, but I have been moving it around and it has been cracking, which seems to have provided some relief. I will keep you all posted.
I hope your ankle heals quickly. It sounds like it's doing a little better. I know you're in good hands.
Pam
Erica - Feel better! We are excited to see you in Colorado... on the field or off! By the way, the nail polish makes the hard sole shoe look so much better!
- cori
P.S. chris - I have lots of witty comments about the ED wait time and "special treatment"....none of which are appropriate here...
Hope it feels better soon
Kim
Erica - so glad you are having so much fun..On the field....Hope you are feeling better soon.. Auntie K
Erica, I thought you hung up the cleats????
Don't make me come down there and talk some sense into you. You know I hate it when you play.
Mom
Post a Comment