Sunday, August 10, 2008

We bought a washer and dryer from Snoop Dogg

I went to do laundry on Friday night and the washer wouldn't start. The washer and dryer are old and came with the house. This was also the second time it would have to be fixed. I figured it was time to get something better.

So, Chris and I got on Craigslist and found a 4 year old matching Kenmore 90 series washer and dryer for $325. The seller offered delivery and setup for an additional $25. So, we e-mailed the guy and set up delivery for Saturday morning. He was selling them because he sold a rental property without appliances. In the meantime, we looked him up on criminalsearches.com He had many counts of possession of marijuana and intent to sell. So, I had my friend Libby come over while the washer and dryer were delivered.

I got up early and got the old washer and dryer out of the laundry room, bought some new fill hoses at Lowes, and went to the ATM to get some cash. The seller arrived on time with a buddy and a dolly and he looked just like Snoop Dogg. He installed everything, showed me that they both worked, changed the plug on the dryer (he took the cord from the old one and put it on the new one so it would fit the outlet), and even hauled the old washer and dryer away.

I have done 2 loads of laundry and so far so good!

The washerThe dryer
The fancy garment drying rack that came with the dryer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty darn nice I'd say, think you needed that for a while. Happy laundry day.. Grams