Vertigo strikes again.
This past Tuesday night I walked into the kitchen and it all started again. I felt like I did that very first night, 10 weeks ago. It took me to my knees. Luckily after 30 seconds it passed. I was in tears - this could not happen again.
I've gone to a couple sessions of Vestibular Rehab. We do balance exercises & eye exercises and neck stretches. My PT says I have extreme right neck and trapezius tightness and they can't be sure but think it may actually be the cause or at least is exacerbating what is going on if my muscles are pushing on nerves.
It makes sense in hindsight. The vertigo is on my right side. When I went to the chiropractor, my C1 was out of alignment to the right, so much that you could feel it & it felt like a sore gland in my neck. The day I went to the Urgent Care, I woke up with such a stiff neck/back, I couldn't put my chin down to my chest. I had just pitched a game of softball the night it happened, and I'm right handed.
I was stressed and my back was really tight on Tuesday night. I managed to relax, put a heating pad on my back and neck, Chris gave me a massage, and I went to bed.
The next day I went back to the chiropractor and went to a massage therapist. I've regressed some and my tinnitus is back, but I'm not back to square 1, so I'm very grateful for that. I think that my back/neck is absolutely an issue.
My massage therapist says I have some muscle tightness to work out and is recommending massages every other week for now. After my massage, my tinnitus was gone, but it came back after a couple hours.
2 comments:
YOU POOR GIRL, KEEP WORKING ON IT. G
Thank you, doing much better since Tuesday. Taking it easy & doing lots of neck stretches & getting massages from Chris.
Post a Comment