A "hell strip" is the grass between the street and the sidewalk. They are notorious for tough growing conditions and when you water them, you are also usually watering the street and sidewalk
In the last couple weeks, Chris has been talking about removing the grass from our hell strip and putting in rocks and plants. Erica is not so sure it will look good with the house. So, we took a walk around our neighborhood to scope out some examples.
I think we both like the variations with the large rocks. Large rocks and maybe some ground cover, sedum, or succulents.
What do you think?
 |
5 comments:
I like the one with the dog and Chris in it. but add a few decorative rocks. G
I like the one with the bark better than all the stones. And the bark would be easier for people to walk across if they park at the curb.
Mom K.
I agree with Kelly. Whatever you put in should be something that's easy to walk on because, with limited driveway parking, guests will need to park by your curb. You also might want to consider leaving a plant-free space right by the curb so that people won't get out of their cars and step on your plants.
Pam/Mom
We'll keep you posted on what we do. Still not 100% sure what we like and if we are ready to pull the trigger.
what else is new?
Post a Comment