Sunday, February 3, 2013

Master Bedroom




Paint color: Restoration Hardware Light Silver Sage color matched to Behr.

Erica was a little nervous about the color at first.  The paint looked very baby blue during the initial cut in.  But now that the room has two coats of paint and some dry time, it mellowed into a pretty blue-green-gray.  Very zen, which was our aim.  We also like how the color brings out more of the red tones in our bedroom set instead of the darker espresso look it was giving off before.

Plus, we were able to really give the floors a good vaccum and scrubbing while we were at it.

We think it is a long overdue change for the better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good...and I see what you mean about bringing out the red tones in the furniture. Nice change!
Mom/Pam

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME! Chad and I have been talking about a revamp of our master bedroom since we moved in. It's still a dark beige and our furniture is crap that I bought from estate sales in grad school :( I'm definitely going to have to show him this! Katie

Chris and Erica said...

Thanks!

This is the room we spend the most time in outside of the living room. I don't know why we waited so long.

It has a completely different feel to it now.