On the way back home from Estes yesterday, we stopped at the Colorado Cherry Company in Big Thompson Canyon. The store had lots of fun stuff and we decided on strawberry rhubarb and cherry preserves, and cherry and peach cider.
Chris has never had overnight oats. So, I made us cherry overnight oats (one serving):
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup all natural fat free plain yogurt
1/3 cup cherry cider
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
This morning, topped with:
a large dollop of fat free plain yogurt
a large spoonful cherry preserves
15 crushed cocoa roast almonds
The milk was bad 7 days before the expiration date when we got home (I think Target has shoddy milk sometimes). Anyway, usually I use more liquid, but yogurt is a nice substitute for thicker oats. It was like eating dessert for breakfast! Very filling too, neither of us were able to finish our bowls.
Chris has never had overnight oats. So, I made us cherry overnight oats (one serving):
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup all natural fat free plain yogurt
1/3 cup cherry cider
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
This morning, topped with:
a large dollop of fat free plain yogurt
a large spoonful cherry preserves
15 crushed cocoa roast almonds
The milk was bad 7 days before the expiration date when we got home (I think Target has shoddy milk sometimes). Anyway, usually I use more liquid, but yogurt is a nice substitute for thicker oats. It was like eating dessert for breakfast! Very filling too, neither of us were able to finish our bowls.
3 comments:
Check your refrigerator Temperature with a thermometer to make sure it is staying cold enough. We had the same problem this summer and found out that was the main cause.
Sometimes the milk lasts forever and other times not so much. We'll check it out - thanks Dad! E
I had a bowl of cereal with bad milk this week! It's a refrigerator not cold enough epidemic!
ERP
Post a Comment